Top 12 Rolling Stones

Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 by MiKey in Labels: , , , , , ,
0


Tonight was a very interesting theme, the Rolling Stones. I am not sure how these top 12 contestants are going to do with something like this rock band so as I start watching my fingers are crossed. Michael Lynche is the first to take the stage tonight singing Miss You. Again having a neo soul vibe it was definitely the right way to kick off the night. Randy felt he slayed it. Ellen said he was amazing Kara expressed it’s about being hot on stage. And Simon felt he sang well but the dancing was corny. Up second was Didi Benami. I personally have nothing to say about this performance. I just don’t know what to think. I did find it humorous when @thepopmatrix tweeted that Didi Benami sounds like something you’d order at a sushi place. I totally ReTweeted that-LOL. Randy felt she was on fire. Kara said she was taking steps in the right direction and Simon felt it was a cool song choice. Next Casey James chose to perform It’s All over Now. His performance tonight seemed so natural. Randy loved it and Ellen said it was fantastic. Kara exclaimed that he was a rock star best performance yet. And typical of Simon he was unimpressed. Lacey Brown best dressed of the night took on Ruby Tuesday. I liked how the strings introduced her song. She is definitely growing vocally. I can’t help but feel like she is holding back. She needs to let it all out. She has an incredible presence on stage and unique voice. Randy said she was the most interesting of the night. Ellen felt her performance was sleepy. Kara rated it 50/50 and Simon said she needs to let go and to stop over thinking. Almost at the halfway point next was Andrew Garcia with Gimme Shelter. As we move from a small stage to something large I felt like he was uncomfortable performing, or possibly completely out of his element. I still like his vocal talent but I am curious to see how far he makes it. Randy said his performance was pitchy unlike Ellen who felt it was his best yet. Kara wants to see more intensity and connection in his performances while Simon felt that Andrew may have done a lot better in rehearsal. CT represent with Katie Stevens. I still think that it’s exciting to have another contestant from CT on this stage; the first being Julia DeMato. Tonight Katie decided to go with Wild Horses. I can’t get over the fact about how mature her voice sounds for such a young age. Randy said it was a strong performance and Kara felt it was better than last weeks. Simon agreed and said she gave it 100% with a well done added to the end of it. Next we are invited to meet Tim Urban’s family- I can’t help but be slightly scared. Lots of siblings but Siobhan has way more. Tim chose Under my Thumb. I am going to be bold and say that this is his best performance yet. He made the song his own and changed it up with a reggae vibe. It surely makes me not want to hate him as much. Randy on the other hand said his performance was bizarre and weird. Ellen felt like she was at a resort sip’n pina coladas. Kara felt he made the song his own and Simon said it didn’t work. Dare I say we will see him a few more weeks? Up next was the amazing Siobhan Magnus with Paint it Black. The best performance of the night; she made it seem like she was doing this for years. She made tonight dramatic and definitely stood out. It was absolutely incredible and I loved the ending how it was eerie and the high note wow. Randy said it was hot. Ellen said she stands out. Kara felt it was the best interpretation of the night. Simon agreed saying it was the stand out performance of the night. Up next is one of my favorites Lee DeWyze singing Beast of Burden. I like the laid back vibe he gives off. His performance sort of draws you in like DMB or Jack Johnson. It has melancholyness to it but for me it works. Randy felt it was a singer songwriter performance. Ellen expected more. Kara acknowledges his tremendous growth and Simon feels that it was a safe choice. Paige Miles takes the stage with Honky Tonk Woman. I feel she is still confused as to who she is as an artist however she has definitely stepped up her game. She may not be the first to go home like I was anticipating. Randy felt she did alright. Ellen likes her stage presence and Kara feels that the Paige they fell in love with in Hollywood is back. Simon felt she did great but she is in fact better than the song. Aaron Kelly takes the stage singing Angie and surprises us all. Each week he has been growing and I am personally impressed he is definitely in this contest to win it. Randy said he was born to sing. Ellen felt it was a great song choice another stand out performance second to Siobhan’s. Kara felt he was really great and Simon agrees by saying it was one of his strongest performances. Aaron may be the guy to watch in this competition. I am definitely curious to see how the public votes. Last performance is the Crystal Bowersox with You Can’t Always Get What You Want. Every time she gets on stage she makes it seem effortless. She is such a natural I feel like she doesn’t even realize how good she is. She just gets on stage and does her thing. Randy said it wasn’t his favorite but he still loves her. Ellen felt we got a glimpse of her personality. Kara felt that she is easy to watch. So now with the recap my top 6 of the night are in no special order Siobhan, Lee, Aaron, Crystal, Mike and Katie. I feel this week Lacey and Andrew are in danger of going home but America always has a way of surprising us.

0 comments: