More Tears.... Is America On Crack?

Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 by MiKey in Labels: , , , ,
0

Dear America,

First I would like to start off by saying what were you thinking? Really we lost four amazingly talented people tonight. I’m going to say that we at IdolPhenomena are shocked. I like how I make it seem that I am more than one person too ;-). I totally tweet throughout each show if I am and not working. – Because I do work the man. 3 12 hour days on and 3 days off. Sounds fun right- not so much. But thank technology for DVR :-)

So tonight started off with another cheesy group number. I don’t think the group numbers have ever impressed me in a long time. I feel like the last time I was impressed was back around Season 4 and 5. Rolling Stones as a theme for next week I wonder how that will turn out? To start the only thing I got right in terms of predictions was that Didi Benami would be the first girl to make the Top 12. So congratulations to her. Then it was Siobhan Magnus with the second seat so far I agree. Up next Paige vs. Katelyn for the third chair. At this point I was totally rooting for Katelyn however out of nowhere Paige gets the seat. And I start thinking damn you VTFW.

Okay now for the first set of guys to go through. They start with Tim’s results and move down the line all the way to Casey who we find out is the first person to be safe. Then the next person safe is Tim and I’m thinking wtf America really. Next to make the top 12 is one of my favs Lee DeWyze. Todrick gets cut and to quote @SharonWilbur, “Todrick sang his tushy off” with his last performance of Somebody to Love.

Now we hear from tonight’s special guests who were season 8 contestants Matt Giraud and Scott McIntyre. Together they performed an incredible rendition of Tell Her about It. It was absolutely amazing. Check out Scott’s CD on his website and on iTunes. I am excited that Matt is currently working on and EP can’t wait for it to come out.

And now on to more cuts and tears. Crystal- Safe, Mike- Safe, Lacey- Safe, Aaron- Safe. Now for the guys it’s down to Alex Lambert and Andrew Garcia. Both of whom I think should continue on. I do feel that Alex needs more confidence and Andrew did peek too early in the competition. I am sad as we find out that we are saying goodbye to Alex Lambert tonight. To keep Tim Urban and not Alex something is wrong with America. I personally loved @LukeEdgemon ‘s tweet where he thinks it would be a good idea to sneak on set and knock Tim out with Alex’s ukulele and give Alex Tim’s seat--- too funny. I felt so bad for Alex it looks like he cried a ton.

Here comes the biggest holy f-word. Between Katie and Lilly I felt both should go on. So here I am at home with some fellow tweeters pushing for a Top 13-LOL. But unfortunately we say goodbye to the talented and original Lilly Scott.

America I wish I could understand where you are coming from but I still don’t. I feel like you watch this show with cotton in your ears. Do you even care that this is a singing contest… that has the goal of finding the next big artist in the U.S. I don’t think you do. As we move into next week I hope we start to agree more.

So only considering tonight's verdict. I am going to make a thought provoking prediction. Then as we get closer to the Top 5 I will be proved right or incredibly. I am going to go with incredibly wrong but this is what I foresee as this years Top 3. With no rhyme or reason this is what it will be. Our Final contestants will be Cyrstal Bowersox vs. Katie Stevens with Michael Lynche being cut during the Top 3 results show. I still feel it will be a girls year. While I maul the idea of who I feel the winner will be I still need to factor in Siobhan Magnus as the dark horse who may surprise us all.

0 comments: