Tryphaena Joelle Nimmons

Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 by MiKey in Labels: , , ,
0

Here is my interview with Tryphaena Joelle Nimmons of American Idol Season 8. We wanted to know what the audition process was like for her and here’s what she had to say.

TJN: Wow. Well, the audition process was a LOT of waiting! So many performers just in their element. It was surreal at times to see my love of music be the same level as every person around me! I will say though, it's extremely nerve-wracking!

IP: How has the overall audition affected your life and music today?
TJN: Honestly, I've been able to kind of break out of my little box of comfortability, because I realized that to get to where you want to be, you have to jump at every opportunity. And I was really nervous before that! And I've come into my own style now, which is AWESOME.

IP: Do you have a notable memory to share with the IdolPhenomena followers?
TJN: Oh, gosh. Well, I'm sure you remember Tatiana Del Toro. I was in her group, and I nearly died. I'm telling you. Had there been a casket in the room, I would've been in it. If you catch my drift! But, you know, you learn to just take the good in.

IP: Have you auditioned for any other reality TV show in the past?
TJN: Ah. I did audition for Gospel Dream when I was 15. I made it to the top 15 out of 115 contestants! I was so proud. Haha! But other than that, and--oh wait--Indy Idol. Didn't work out so much there.

IP: Social networking has allowed many of the Idol contestants stay in contact is there anyone in particular that you like to keep in touch with? TJN: Absolutely! I actually spoke with Scott (MacIntyre) the other day, which was great! He's such an awesome guy. Also, Jasmine Murray, Austin Sisneros and Steven Darden are my good friends. I love those guys!

IP: What type of project are you currently working on? TJN: I'm actually working on quite a bit of acoustic songs right now. I'm in love with my guitar! Seriously, we have a thing. It's fantastic. I'm also planning on going to college next Spring for Vocal Performance, and Musical Theatre!

IP: What type of advice would you give someone that wants to try out of Idol? TJN: My advice...hmm...! Whoever you are--just be that person. Imitating someone other than yourself just fails. They want you to be you. Period.

IP: Who is your role model and how have they inspired you? TJN: I'm going to have to say Julie Andrews. And Maya Angelou. They've lived such commendable lives! Plus, music, and writing to tell a story--paint a picture... They did that.

IP: Do you have a have a favorite contestant from anywhere in the audition process? TJN: Matt Giraud. I say this because on the first solo night, he sang Donnie Hathaway's "A Song For You." to me. While sitting on the floor of a crowded room. Pretty sure I saw angels flutter past. Hahaha, really, he's incredible.

IP: Which Idol is currently playing on your CD/MP3 player? TJN: Elliot Yamin! For sure. He'll always be on my playlist!

IP: Any other additional insights and comments would be great. :-) TJN: Ah, parting words. Such bitter sadness. Haha. I would just like to point out that a dream is a wish your heart makes.. Totally kidding! But I do believe persistence is the key to making your dream come true! And I, for the record, will keep going for it until it happens for me! Only YOU know what your dreams truly are, and only you can capitalize precisely what they become in the end. Thanks so much for having me!


Check out Tryphaena's YouTube page. to see what she is up too. :-)
Also check her out singing Flying Without Wings below.

0 comments: