Idol Interviews: Maddie Penrose

Posted: Monday, March 1, 2010 by MiKey in Labels: , , ,
1

Okay IdolPhenomena followers I was able to get in touch with Maddie Penrose via MySpace. Right now she is currently enjoying her senior year in HS but has great ambitions when it comes to a career in music. So let’s get to know the girl with the awesome glasses :-)

IP: What is your most notable memory of the audition process?
MP:
Group Night. People who are watching the show have NO IDEA what really happened to my group that night. It's insane, it really is. Danny was up first, forgot all the words, and completely messed up, then Mark was up, and little does everyone know, the two pianists completely messed up and were playing in two different keys, so that's mainly what got Mark so flustered. Next up was Kim who messed up all her words. At that point everyone in the crowd felt so bad that they all stood up and started clapping and singing the words to try to help her get back with it, but she just couldn't do it. After that it was ME! So I was freaking out I was so nervous. The part they showed on TV was right when I got up and was so scared because not one person had gotten it right yet. Once we hit the chorus me and Danny did a beat boxing, dancing, breakdown part that was so good. And that's when I was in my element again. The whole crowd was up and going crazy!! It was the most amazing moment for me! :):) Wish they would have showed it!


IP: Have you auditioned for idol more than once? And how has each time changed you as an artist and performer?
MP: I tried out when I was 16.
That was a completely different experience than this year. I only did it because they were in SLC Utah, where I live. I ended up making it to the judges, and got cut. It was disappointing because that year I had David Archuleta, friend from school, on my side cheering me on. American Idol had done my home story, and followed me around school all day, and to volleyball, and got a lot of shots with me and David, but they didn't show any of it on the show. It was really disappointing. But this year has been a completely different story. It's been the best ride of my life.


IP: How has the overall American Idol audition process affected your life today?
MP: Trying out for American Idol was something I will never regret doing. It made me realize how important music really is to me. It was amazing to be around all those people who shared the same passion I did, and who were incredible singers. It's given me the ambition I need to put myself out there, and given me the confidence I need.

IP: What advice would you give to someone with the dream of being on Idol?
MP: This show
isn't made up. It really is just normal people who have incredible talent. That's what I love so much about this show. For heaven sakes, I work at a doggy daycare, and people know who I am now, and love my music. It's something I now have the opportunity to share with others. This show is such a good idea and it can change your life in so many ways it's insane. I would tell anyone who wanted to be on the show to follow your dreams. American Idol is a great way of doing just that.

Maddie is a big Andrew Garcia fan and suggests we all follow him and his idol journey. In her opinion, He's a really good guy! And the most talented one on that stage, if you ask me... Not only does she still keep on contact with him today he was one of her favorite contestants throughout the audition process along with Lauren Daigle. However, Andrew is not the only idol hopeful that Maddie stays in contact with today. She also stays in touch with Crystal Bowersox, Haeley Vaughn, Katelyn Epperly, Lacey Brown, Paige Miles, Tyler Grady and Tim Urban. We can expect great things from this Top 46 contestant. Thanks for the feedback and your time Maddie.



Check out Maddie singing Maroon 5's Sunday Morning on her YouTube Channel missmaddiekaye4.



1 comments:

  1. Unknown says:

    Love, Love, Love, Love this crazy girl! She's amazing if I don't say so myself! I'm truly her biggest fan and I'm cheering for her all the way through this next season of Idol as she heads to San Francisco to show them what she's got!