First Semi-Final Cuts. 24 down to 20.

Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 by MiKey in Labels: , , , ,
0

Already aware ¾ if tonight’s cuts before watching my DVR’d episode I was ready for another night of disappointment. So after over 24 Million votes they have the results and in the next hour we will see four Idol hopefuls sent home.

The night starts off with the infamous group performance. Tonight the Top 24 perform American Boy by Estelle. The girls start up with some amazing vocals and harmonies. Then the boys come in and provide a good contrast against the girls voices and then in unison all the guys say”...you’ll be my American boy.” I am think WTF. Did they really just say that talk about awkward all around performance. Up next is the part in the show where they cut the first girl of Season 9. So first Ryan announces whose safe Siobhan, Haeley, Michelle and Katelyn are all told to sit down and that they will all be back next week. We are then set up for that suspense killing moment when he finally tells us who is going through and who will be staying. Either Katie or Janell as a casualty at this point will leave me thoroughly disappointed. As we say goodbye to Janell tonight we say goodbye to one of my favorites since Day 1. L Sad face.

Next Alison Irahetea takes the stage with her new single Scars. I love the raspy tone of her voice. While watching the dress she wore because I felt that it clashed with the music, however the dress itself was very much “Alison Iraheta.”

Now for the second line of girls Paige is safe, Lacey is safe and Lilly is safe. It really makes me curious as to how many times her Idol friends voted for Lacey the other night. I’m sure that they were all happy to see that she would be moving on. Now Didi and Ashley which would another leave one of my favorites out of the competition again; I personally can’t believe we saw Ashley go home tonight what is America thinking. And on another note I Didi my grandma needs her afghan back if it is at all possible. She is very old and very cold- Notice the Home Alone 3 reference. Who doesn’t love Mrs. Hess?

Now for the first guy cut of the night duh duh duh…. Joe Munoz over Tim Urban. Apparently Tim thought he was leaving tonight because he definitely freaked out when they cut Joe. However this was just the first shocker for the guy’s results.

Tonight before the last cut Kris Allen took the stage and gave an amazing acoustic performance of Let It Be. I suggest everyone hit up iTunes and download it because the proceeds go to Haiti and then at a certain point proceeds will feed back into Idol Gives Back. Or you can text IDOL to 20222 to donate $10.00.



Now for the last and most surprising cut of the night….. Tyler Grady. Really American Tyler over Alex I don’t understand. Is the average American tone deaf and easily manipulated or just stupid?

I don’t know if I am excited for next week yet. However, I still am and always will be the IdolFan. :-)





Photo Credit: AmericanIdol.com

0 comments: