IdolInterviews: Hannah Anderson

Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 by MiKey in Labels: ,
0

Okay IdolPhenomena followers here is my interview with the talented Hannah Anderson.

IP: What was your selected Austin Audition Song? What was your Hollywood Audition Song?

HA: I sang You and I Both by Jason Mraz, Sleeping Sickness by City & Colour, and Terrified by Kara Dioguardi. In Hollywood I sang First Love by Adele!

IP: If you were featured more during Hollywood what would we as an audience possibly have seen?

HA: Well unlike my first audition with the judges, I was actually really comfortable and wasn't nervous at all on the Hollywood stage! So, you guys probably would have seen a really good performance :)

IP: Do you have a notable memory to share with the IdolPhenomena followers?

HA: My biggest Idol memory would be that the judges asked me to break dance for them, so that was so cool! Jennifer Lopez said she could listen to me sing ALL DAY. I'm one of her biggest fans so that was just "Like, wow.. did she really just say that?" haha!

IP: How has the overall audition process affected your life and music today?

HA: The process and just making it to Hollywood really just gave me a boost of confidence and made me think like, 'Wow! I can really do this." It affected me and my life in a great way. It's given me a lot of opportunities to do things I probably wouldn't have if I didn't do Idol.

IP: Who is it that inspires you as a music artist?

HA: There so many things and people that inspire me as an artist, for example just people on the street and even nature are things that really inspire me. You can actually get really good songs out of the simple things in life like that. One of the BIGGEST inspirations, music wise, would be Ella Fitzgerald. I read her biography when I was about twelve and it really inspired me a lot to just sing no matter the setbacks you have in life. I'm also really inspired by my relationship with Jesus Christ. It really pushes me to do what I do, the best I can.

IP: Have you auditioned for any other reality TV show in the past or plan on doing so in the future?

HA: No, this is the only one. This is my first time auditioning with Idol and the first time making it to Hollywood. I saw that Simon Cowell is doing the X-Factor, which looks pretty cool. But I think I'll just stick with Idol :)

IP: I see that social networking has allowed many of the Idol contestants stay in contact is there anyone in particular that you like to keep in touch with?

HA: Yeah, there were SO many great people at Idol this year. There was so much talent and I've been keeping in touch with several people from Idol. No one in particular cause I met so many talented and awesome people.


IP: What type of project are you currently working on?

HA: Right now I'm home-schooled and working on graduating high school in May!! YES. I'm working on recording and getting out an EP or album by the end of the year. I'm doing shows here and there and am pursuing making music my full-time career. I'm also planning on getting a certificate in Graphic Design since I've already been doing some graphic design work on my own.

IP: What type of advice would you give someone that wants to try out of Idol?

HA: Definitely the number one advice I would give is show that you have confidence - even if you don't! Second, pick a song that REALLY showcases your voice. Go in with a purpose and let that flow through your voice when you sing. Also, you have to be ready for anything!

IP: Do you have a have a favorite contestant from anywhere in the audition process?

HA: Oh geez, I don't know if I have a favorite! That's such a hard decision....but I can list like top 10! haha! Umm okay so.. I would say number one is Olivia Rodenbaugh. She's awesome. We became really good friends during Hollywood Week. Some of my other favorites who I still keep in touch with are: Andre Dobbins, Jonathas Ojeda, Jacqui Elliot, Hunter Steketee, Nick Fink, Jacqueline Dunford, Sam Arriaga, Janelle Arthur, and Casey Abrams. They're all so amazing!!

IP: And which past Idol is currently playing on your MP3 player?

HA: Hmm...I really like Jordin Sparks. Jason Castro is also really good as well as Carrie Underwood. Oh! And I loved Alex Lambert. He only made top 24, and I actually cried when he was voted off the show.

IP: Any other additional insights and comments would be great…

HA: The process was a lot more intense than what I had expected, I mean A LOT. But it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Hands down. So for anyone planning on auditioning, some advice I would give is to be ready for anything and just have fun! Don't stress out about it. Just do your best and forget the rest :) Also, if you don't make it as far as you wanted, don't let it get you down. When I was let go from the competition it was really, really disappointing and made me just want to give up. Then I realized that it wasn't the end for me but only the beginning. I believe you'll be seeing a lot more of me in the future. :)


Check out Hannah covering The Blood by The Middle East


To check out more music by Hannah Anderson Check out her YouTube Channel [here].

Like her on Facebook [here].

Follow her on Twitter @hannahandersonn

0 comments: