IdolThoughts: What 11 Motown Classics Would You Choose?

Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 by MiKey in Labels: ,
0

As each week’s theme is announced I take some time to reflect and come up with what I would like to see the Idol Finalists sing. Here are my thoughts as they relate to this week’s Motown theme.

Pia ToscanoThe Tracks of My Tears by Smokey Robinson

Why: I think Pia would do amazing with this song. However, it would definitely be a safe choice and I think Pia needs to take more risks now before people think she’s just a ballad singer.


Stefano Langone
My Cherie Amour by Stevie Wonder

Why: Although I don’t want to hear Stefano sing anymore Stevie Wonder songs if he does I would love to hear his version of this Stevie classic. Combined with his personality, stage presence, vocal range and then addition of making eye contact with the audience this performance could truly be the best of the night.

Scotty McCreeryGet Ready by Rare Earth

Why: A part of me would hate for Scotty to have to learn another Motown when he already knows this one. I think the producers could really change it up for him to make this song slightly more country. Because I think whatever choice he makes the producer he works with will conuntrify the song for him.

Casey AbramsAin’t Too Proud To Beg by The Temptations

Why: I think Casey could really give a great performance this week with a song like this. It leaves plenty of room for him to act a little crazy and show off his vocal talents.

Thia MegiaSigned, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) by Stevie Wonder

Why: I would love for Thia to showcase her big voice this week in a more upbeat song. I think if done correctly a song like this could really turn out well for her.

Lauren AlainaPlease Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes

Why: There’s no real reason I picked this for Lauren accept the fact that I think it would be a cutesy number for her to do.

Haley Reinhart (Love Is Like A) Heatwave by Martha & The Vandellas

Why: A song like this would showcase that growl/husky tone in Haley’s voice.

Paul McDonaldWhat Becomes of the Broken Hearted by Jimmy Ruffin

Why: I would love to see Paul do an acoustic arrangement of this song showcasing that gentle rasp in his voice.

Naima AdedapoSmiling Faces Sometimes by The Undisputed Truth

Why: I can’t help but want to hear Naima perform something jazzy and mysterious. When I look at Naima I can’t help but think of artists like Sade or lounge singers. This song definitely has that type of vibe to it.

James Durbin25 Miles by Edwin Starr

Why: If James could perform a more rockier/edgy version of this song it would definitely bring out his inner rocker.

Jacob LuskCan I Get A Witness by Marvin Gaye

Why: This song would allow Jacob to showcase his big voice and the fancy vocal gymnastics as he likes to do.

What do you want to hear this week???

0 comments: