IdolInterviews: Tiffany Rios

Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2011 by MiKey in Labels: , ,
0


IdolPhenomena followers, I recently had the privilege do some correspondence with American Idol Season 10 contestant Tiffany Rios. For those of you who don’t remember Tiffany she auditioned this year in East Rutherford, NJ and was one of the 50 or so contestants that earned a Golden Ticket to Hollywood from NJ. She was also a featured auditioner through much of the process, most people recognize her as the girl with the star bikini top. However she is more than that, she is a girl with a dream to be a star. She had an amazing Idol journey and is excited for what the future has in store. The following is my interview with her. I hope you enjoy it. I know I enjoyed hearing from her.

Q. What made you Audition for Idol this Season?

A. This was my forth time auditioning. I first auditioned when I was 16 in NJ wearing jeans and I T-Shirt. I was very young and loved getting to know people and loved to atmosphere and told myself I would never stop. My second audition was in Philly because they did not do NJ auditions that year. The third audition was in NJ and I made it past the arena round then through two producers rounds during the week but did not get through to the Judges round to go to Hollywood. Then I skipped a year in 2009 because they did not have any Tri-State auditions. The closest was Boston l would have gone but I was playing Maureen in the musical RENT at a local theater and the dates were too consecutive to leave. This year was my fourth time and I auditioned only because I told myself at 16 I would never stop as long as the show was on... It was just absolute luck that my childhood idol and the reason I ever started singing (Jennifer Lopez) was a Judge. I had made it past the first couple of rounds and onto to Judges round before she was even hired for the job. Every day I could not believe I was going to meet her let alone sing and be judged by her. Hence me breaking down and crying at the sight of her! I’m sure most people before the Hollywood audition were practicing and getting ready while I just watched re-runs of "The Backup Plan" to prepare myself for who I was going to meet.

Q. How did you feel after making it through all the preliminary rounds to finally be able to earn a chance to audition for the Judges?

A. It was really weird going into to Judges round because even though nothing is a sure thing my previous auditions this year were perfect and I had nothing but yeses the whole way through. So going into the Judge’s room I was not nervous at all to sing. I knew I went there to sing and had a job to do so I stayed very focused.

Q. How has the overall audition affected your life and music today?
A.
The entire experience has taught me many lessons and meeting so many talented people was a blessing. We would have breakfast every morning and lunch in Hollywood and my role in any party is to put a smile on people’s faces. We were always laughing and I was always there to be a shoulder to cry on. Although it may have seemed that people did not want me in their group it was not because of anything I had ever said rather than their groups were set already with the max amount of people. There were many groups that wanted to work with me but could not due to audition day restrictions and the amount of people we wanted in the group. Everyone was so kind and truly passionate about their talents and what they feel they have to offer to our music industry. Idol has brought me much notoriety and many people stop me daily to take a picture and talk. I have been invited to sing at many events and have many offers coming my way. Right now I am currently working on my first single which should hit iTunes this April and have appearances scheduled as well. Idol really does make dreams come true in all aspects of life and I am happy to be have been a part of it.

Q. What can you tell me about the single you will be releasing soon?
A.
My single is so much fun! It will definitely be upbeat but as always I have a huge heart and found a song that feel most people could relate to at least once in their life but could still dance and smile at the same time.

Q. What is it like to be just regular Tiffany one day and seemingly overnight be recognized by strangers as Tiffany Rios from American Idol?
A.
It is such a blessing to be recognized but I have to say my favorite part is meeting the children who saw the first episode. They all say "OMG YOUR THE GIRL WITH THE STARS". I love the attention being recognized for my talents and personality. So many people loved the Power of Love song and that just brings such joy to my heart because that song meant so much to me. I had always planned on singing that song and had told someone I go to the gym with. She told me she had loved that song but mainly loved it because her brother that had passed away a couple years ago had loved that song. So not only did I sing a song that Celine Dion one of my vocal idols made famous but sang a song that meant a lot to other people as well.

Q. Do you have a notable memory to share with the IdolPhenomena followers?
A.
One of my favorite memories was after my solo audition in Hollywood when I sang All I Could Do Was Cry written by Billy Davis and made famous by Etta James. I saw Jennifer nudge Randy with her shoulder on his shoulder and pursed her lips together while smiling. It was so beautiful to see her move because of something I sang and is something I will never forget.. Hence my celebration dance and kiss I blew to her after I had been put through to the next round.

Q. Knowing that all RealityTV shows tend to embellish real events that they capture was group day really as hectic as they made it seem?
A.
Like, I said before RealityTV can defiantly be edited and was. Were there some groups that did not want me?... sure the four they show on TV.... Were there groups I did not want t o be in?... absolutely but I met Jessa soon after and her group wanted to be with me and be a group of six. Due to number restrictions that was not possible. So we decided to work with each other and then were told to ask for more people even though we were perfectly happy being a duo.... then since everyone was already situated and comfortable I do not blame them for staying put where they were. I mean you couldn't honestly think people would just leave where they felt cozy to go with two people just to be an extra head?!! I think the producers knew that but just had us ask any way to make sure everything was done properly which is completely understandable. As for the other dramatic acts that had occurred I really focused on Jessa and I. Overall I think Group Day is defiantly tough and besides a couple of instances that were dragged out to be more dramatic than they actually were Group Day is rough and many people do find themselves very stressed out just as shown.

Q. Social Networking has allowed many of the Idol contestants to stay in contact, is there anyone in particular that you like to keep in touch with?
A.
Pia Toscano was my roommate in Hollywood and although she was shy she was an absolute doll!! Out of the many people there I still keep in contact with Jessica Cunningham, Paris Tassin, and Phoenix Rainbow who is the sweetest person ever and whom I talk to weekly. We met the first day in Hollywood and she got cut two days later during solo round and we have not stopped talking since! If I make it big she will def be a roadie :) she even made me go out at 10 at night to get lip gloss!!!! lip gloss?! she needed it to sing?! hah love it and that night while shopping for her gloss I found a catholic cross rhinestone necklace which I wore the day of solo round and still wear today.

Q. What type of advice would you give someone that wants to try out of Idol?
A.
Make sure you know who you are and be able to show your personality no matter what it may be! Whether it’s portrayed through your voice, a special song, how you dress, or your hair.. JUST BE YOU AND DO NOT HOLD ANYTHING BACK!

Q. Who is your “musical” role model and how have they inspired you?
A.
I have many people who have inspired me musically but the people who have really shaped me as an artist are;
Michael Jackson- for his dance ability and creativity
Britney Spears- the ability to bring performances to life
Celine Dion- for her vocal abilities and showing 110% of real emotion behind whatever she does.

Q. What current Idols are playing on your MP3 player?
A.
Considering that I just got an iPod this year I don’t have much music... I love oldies and listen to Audrey O'day and Etta James. When it comes to now music I love anything that will make me dance or bring a tear to my eye. I do not really relate to the type of music that the past Idols have made but must say I would never tune the radio to another station if Kelly or Carrie were on. <3>

Q. Any other additional insights or comments?
A.
Idol has been a wonderful journey and I am excited to see what the future holds.

Below see Tiffany’s performance @ a 2011 Project Ladybug Event of Can’t Help Falling Love by Elvis Presley

For more Tiffany Check out the Links below…

[YouTube]

0 comments: