Top 9 - Elvis Week My Thoughts

Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 by MiKey in Labels: , ,
0


So this week followers I know some of us may not have liked the results but it happened and my thoughts on this year’s winner and Top 3 are currently in the mix. Elvis as a theme never has ever sparked my interested hence possibly why I’ve waited so long to post and or write this…-LOL. First off Adam Lambert as a mentor, hmmm. All I know is that there were so many innuendos that I just can’t stop embellishing on them. The first being that Adam said he liked Elvis’ package –LOL. And Ryan thinks Adam has a talented tongue…. For music BAH. – Don’t lie to us Ryan. Oh and Adam likes the song Tim picked please… you just want him like all the teeny bopper girls. Oops I need to be more appropriate. Okay tonight Crystal chose to rock out to Saved with an electric guitar; having never heard this track before I felt that it definitely suited her. I liked how it wasn’t that popular and or an obvious choice as the judges called it. At this point I am nervous that a lot of the performances to follow could become really karaoke but that happens. The second performance of the night was Andrew Garcia with his version of Hound Dog. I don’t know whether to really hate it or love it. I like how he took a chance and changed it up but it was so laid back that it was boring. I felt that he wasn’t trying on the Idol stage tonight. He needed to really bring it and failed. Okay girls get ready for the next performer… Tim Urban. I can’t help but say shame on you Adam for wanting Tim to be vulnerable. Tim’s performance of I Can’t Help Falling In Love was I feel one of the best “Turban” performances. Somebody needs to pinch me because I may becoming a Tim Urban fan. I need a big does what am I thinking. Lee was up next with A Little Less Conversation. The first thing I have to say is Thank God JPL is not bouncing around the Idol stage this time-LOL. I have to say that this is another great Lee performance. I personally love the rasp in his vocal. This week I was almost nervous for Aaron because most of his choices are very karaoke and predictable. However he took Blue Suede Shoes and made it his own. He took that stage with this drive and concentration that you could see in his face. He was definitely performing to stay in the competition tonight. Siobhan was up next with Suspicious Minds. She started the performance playing to the camera – not sure if I like it. That’s right Siobhan yell at us. Will you ever actually sing a song and not shout/scream a song. You need to perform. Siobhan you don’t sing you yell somewhat in tune. ;-) Michael Lynche does an absolutely breathtaking version of In the Ghetto. There is so much passion in his performance. Amazing is all I can say. Katie in the eighth spot tonight with Baby What Do You Want Me to Do. As always an amazing performance from Katie. Finally Casey with Lawdy Miss Clawdy. Never heard it before and I feel like it was a good performance but not great. So we already know the results. I just don’t know what America is on. This week Idol says good-bye to Katie Stevens and Andrew Garcia. Next week the Idols are mentored by none other than Alicia Keys as they take on Inspirational Songs. Can’t wait.

0 comments: